West Highland Housing Association Logo

West Highland Housing Association
Crannog Lane
PA34 4HB
T: 01631 566451 or 0845 3402058
F: 01631 565711
Email: mail@westhighlandha.co.uk

housing developments
housing maintenance

How to apply for a house

Applying for a house in Argyll & Bute has been made easier by the introduction of HOME Argyll.

HOME Argyll offers a way of applying for housing using four different Housing Associations but with one single application form. The aim of HOME Argyll is to make applying for housing easier as well as providing high quality housing information and advice. There are four local housing associations operating in Argyll & Bute: Argyll Community Housing Association (ACHA), Dunbritton Housing Association, Fyne Homes and us, West Highland Housing Association.

Filling out one single application form means that all the details on the application form are shared by the four housing associations and all of the housing associations use the same method of prioritising applications.

A copy of the policy for prioritising applications is available from us or from any of the other three housing associations participating in HOME Argyll.

Once you have applied, your application will be assessed and you will go onto a housing list of all the people who are looking for housing in the Argyll & Bute area.

In addition to this, HOME Argyll provides information on the range of housing options available in the Argyll & Bute Area. It provides basic information about finding and living in a home in Argyll. It provides information on:

  • Housing Associations
  • Renting Privately
  • Owning a home
  • Urgent housing need
  • Housing support
  • Housing and money
  • Housing advice

If you wish to apply for a house please contact the Association by;

Phoning us on 01631 566451

Writing to us at West Highland Housing Association
Crannog Lane
PA34 4HB

Visiting our office in person or

Downloading printable pdf files:

For a list of HOME Argyll housing associations contact details please click here »

MacDougall Court
MacDougall Court

Internal Transfers

As a West Highland Housing Association tenant you may wish to apply for a transfer to another house under the Home Argyll System. Transfer requests will be considered from Tenants who can demonstrate a need to transfer such as overcrowding, medical reasons etc. If so, you should contact the Office to request a Housing Application Form. The points system is also applied to all transfer request applications.

Glenshellach, Oban
Glenshellach, Oban

Mutual Exchanges

It is also possible to consider exchanging houses with another Association. Normally you should have held your tenancy for at least one year. This can only be done with the prior approval of the Association and the Landlord of the other tenant.

Application forms for Mutual Exchanges and Procedural notes can be obtained from the Association's office.

A list of Mutual Exchanges available by clicking here.

Contact details:

Housing Associations

HOME Argyll Partners

Fyne Homes
81 Victoria Street
Isle of Bute, PA20 OAP
Tel: 0845 607 7117
Email: postmaster@fynehomes.co.uk

Dunbritton Housing Association Ltd
1st Floor
32 High Street
Tel: 01389 761 486
Email: admin@dunbritton.org.uk

West Highland Housing Association
Crannog Lane
Tel: 01631 566 451
Email: mail@westhighlandha.co.uk

Argyll Community Housing Association
63-65 Chalmers Street
Argyll, PA30 8DX
Tel: 01546 604086
Email: enquiries@acha.co.uk

West Highland Housing Association Rentable housing argyll

design and hosting by Pole Position